What Happens if the Library District is Created?
If the District is established, the Library will have stable, sustainable funding and will be able to:
- expand children’s and family programming to accommodate a variety of schedules
- create robust teen/tween services, including exploration of a maker’s program
- offer more year-round programming for adults
- broaden the Library’s publicity and marketing to better reach the community
- expand popular materials purchasing
- expand the On My Way to Kindergarten initiative
What Happens if the Library District is Not Created?
If the District is not established, the Library will continue to have unstable funding and may be forced to:
- severely cut hours and purchasing of new material
- patrons will have to wait longer for trained staff to assist them
- offer minimal or no programming
- and, in the long term, close completely